Monday, May 25, 2009

Attacks will come

I am going to cheat today and add a post here that was written by Mary Horn for her team last year. Mary works with the Boys at the Nakuru home of GCC. Her words are good ones and I am sure will fit all of us going....

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. John 15:1-11

I know you've heard it a million times, but I want you to be ready for Satan's attacks. I want you to realize that you WILL be attacked (if you aren't already) because you are about to go and do the work of the Lord, AND you will be growing in your faith like never before! This is quite troubling to the enemy and he will place all sorts of obstacles in your way. In 2004 I threw my back out so bad that I ended up in the emergency room. My physical therapist was mortified that I would be on airplanes for nearly 20 hours. He was so worried about me that he worked very hard to get me into ship shape before I left. It was a huge attack.The attacks will come in various forms. Failed exams, troubles at work, financial difficulties, doubts, sickness, and so much more. One man on our team in 2004 had a very ill mother. She was on her deathbed. He and his wife (and the rest of our team) as well as his mother, were all praying she would die before we left. She was ready to go be with the Lord and was so eager to leave this world. They didn't want to leave Kenya to attend the funeral. (I know this all sounds really weird!) She met her savior the day before they would have had to cancel their trip. And everyone was happy to know she was finally Home! The whole thing was horrible and most of us had never prayed for a speedy demise before. But what the devil meant for failure, God used as victory!As these rough seas come, please keep in mind what Jesus said about being pruned and what James said about rejoicing in your trials. James 1:2-4 And make sure you are sharing what you are going through with the rest of us so we can be praying for you!

No comments: