Monday, June 15, 2009

What you do for them you do for Me...

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'


"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'



"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'


A few Saturdays ago, I woke up early and found myself flipping through channels on the TV. I came to a half hour plea for help from Feed the Children. Where were they pleading for help? Kenya, Africa. I saw hundreds of children in need of food. Children with out parents due to AIDS, desperate just to be loved and told it is going to be OK. Children way to young to be on their own yet they lived on the streets begging for food. According to the head of Feed the Children there are hundreds of thousand children in need of food in Kenya alone. In the years that I have been traveling to Kenya I have seen this up close. I began to cry. There are so many!! It was then that God reminded me that for the kids of CMIA there is hope EVERY DAY!! That hope comes from what God is doing through David and Jennifer Hatley. Through the many people who daily feed and love on these kids. And from those who take their vacation time to go and be with them... In a sea of hunger and pain, CMIA provides an island of hope. In only 92 more days you too will be a part of bringing that hope and love to the kids of CMIA.

No comments: