Wednesday, July 8, 2009

69 MORE DAYS!!

















Here we have some of our kids at the Langata ward A. Each of the children who live here are HIV positive. Have you had a chance to read up on the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Once again I will recommend the book "There is no me without you". Most of our children have been touched by AIDS in one way or another. Grace Children's Homes offers a normal life for these precious children. They get to go to School, they have the medications they need, home built for their special needs, healthy food and LOTS OF LOVE!! You will get to meet each of the 27 children now under the care of CMIA. God had a plan for each of these children. They are full of life and I just know you will love them!!

Please remember, do not make comments like "Oh, I just want to take him/her home with me." or "I just want to make him/her my own." These comments can lead to misunderstandings. Last time we went we had a few people make these comments at the Makindu School and one little gal with AIDS who had lost both of her parents and was living with her Aunt thought I was there to take her home with me. She had heard the comments and assumed that is what we were there for. She told her Aunt goodbye!! Imagine the hurt when I didn't take her with me. It broke my heart and hers.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," Jeremiah 29:11-14

No comments: